Honey Is Good For Our Skin
Posted April 24, 2009on:
Honey, we use it as a sweetner alternative in our drinks and food. So what benefits does honey have on our skin? Unlike most over-the-counter or prescription acne products that can dry or irritate your skin, honey is soothing and can be applied onto the skin and taken internally. Honey is known to be one of the best natural acne fighting ingredients.
Honey is said to have a “smoothing” effect, improve complexion, make your skin glow and maintain oil balance. So what is in honey made up of you ask?
- Honey is composed of sugars such as glucose and fructose as well as minerals like magnesium, potassium, calcium, sodium chlorine, sulphur, iron and phosphate.
- Honey also contains vitamins such as B1, B2, C, B6, B5 and B3.
- Copper, iodine, and zinc also exist honey but in small quantities.
- Honey is a humectant, meaning it works as a natural moisturizer.
- Has a high content of acid and is a powerful natural antioxidant. – sister
After a few uses, you can see a reduction in size and redness, fade scars, reduce Inflammatory and noninflammatory acne on face, gives skin clarity and doesn’t clog your pores. Here are some DIY recipes you might want to try out. I recommend that you try to find raw honey, which works much better and faster. And if you’re able to get your hands on Manuka Honey, even better. But if you can’t, regular honey can do.
- Honey Alone
> Place a warm cloth on your face to open your pores, after apply honey and leave on for 15 minutes. Then rinse with warm water. Can be very sticky & messy.
- Honey, Egg Yolk & Yogurt Mask
> Exfoliate dead skin cells, gives skin moisture, has a pleasant tightening feeling as well as giving your skin a glow. Whisk these ingredients, apply and leave on for 30 minutes then rinse with warm water.
– 2 TBS honey
– 1 egg yolk
– 2 TBS plain yogurt
- Honey & Cinnamon
> Mix the ingredients and apply on acne everynight for 30 minutes then rinse with warm water.
– 3 tablespoons of honey
– 1 tablespoon of cinnamon
- Honey, Cinnamon & Nutmeg
> For acne. Cinnamon for acne and nutmeg to reduce inflammation.
– 3 teaspoons of honey
– 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
– 1 teaspoon of nutmeg
- Honey & Milk
> Mix and smooth over face and throat. Good as a moisture mask.
– 2 tablespoons honey
– 2 teaspoons milk